We can all see that Fujifilm constantly works at bettering its Fujifilm X Series product line with regular firmware updates.
Recently, the brand well-known for its cameras and lenses has produced a large number of updates for its X Series range. These Fujifilm X Series updates are available online on the company site. There are a total of 18 firmware updates for their broad range of new and older camera bodies and lenses. You will be able to see firmware for their older X-Pro1 series as well as for their brand new XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens.
To boost the performance of your Fujifilm X Series camera body or lens, it is highly recommended that you download and use this firmware at the earliest. Here is what you can get with a firmware update on your camera gear.
What the X Series updates do
For firmware updates to the camera body and listed lenses to the X-E1, X-E2, X-E2S, X-Pro1, X-T10, X-T1 or X-Pro2, you will be able to achieve the following:
- XF35mmF2 R WR & XF90mmF2 R LM WR – The manual focus will be enhanced in accuracy.
- XF10-24mmF4 R OIS
- XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS
- XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
- XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
- XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II
- XC50-230mmF4.5-6.7 OIS II – Apart from the manual focus being enhanced, you will also see an improvement in the tracking performance of the autofocus when you zoom. Also, the upgrade to the latest firmware will ensure that image stabilization is better.
- XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR – The manual focus will be enhanced in accuracy.
- XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR
- XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR – When combined with the FUJINON Tele Converter XF 2X TC WR, the lenses will perform better. The manual focus will be enhanced in accuracy.
While all the changes and firmware versions will differ according to the model they are for, the majority of the camera body updates will provide additional support for a focus limiter function on the XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6.